Wednesday 20 December 2017

Almroth Edward Wright Share Retweet Syndicate

Thinker in Science / Social Sciences / Sociology
Mike Sutton
Mike Sutton
Dr Mike Sutton is the author of 'Nullius in Verba: Darwin's greatest secret'.
 

Almroth Edward Wright

Jun. 24, 2015 5:04 pm
Categories: CounterknowledgeDysology
image
Almroth Wright (1910) British bacteriologist and immunologist
'When giving evidence to a military tribunal. the President asked him if he had anything more to say. Wright replied:
'No sir, I have given you the facts. I can't give you the brains.'
From page 55 of Alexander Fleming; The Man and the Myth   . by Gwyn Macfarlane (1984) Harvard University Press.

Ouch! I must use my brain to remember to use that one. For now, I've adapted and it published on my website Patrickmatthew.com   

I give you the newly discovered and independently verifiable facts. But I cannot give you the brains to go and check their veracity and to weigh, skeptically, objectively and rationally, their significance for yourself.

image
Trumpet from the TwitterspherePublic Domain
PatrickMatthew.com The website of the biological father of the theory of natural selection
 

No comments:

Post a Comment